Five Kids Found Shot Dead After Dad's Suicide
The mother tearfully spoke with reporters on Monday.
She said she'd had enough, and wasn't going to take the abuse anymore. She didn't return home from work Friday evening but told the oldest child she would be back for them. "I had enough, I couldn't take it anymore."
She described each one:
• James Jr., 7, was "the Energizer Bunny. He just kept going and going and going." He was a stay-at-home type and "extreme [video] gamer" except when he went out to ride his dirt bike.
• Heather, 8, was a "second Maxine." "Everything Maxine did, she wanted to do." Both sisters were big readers.
• Samantha, 12, was the family comedian. "She always had something funny to say," including when others in the family were down. "Always just dancing around, goofy."
• Jayme, 14, "pretty much kept to herself. " She loved video games and took in stray cats.
• Maxine was "the big reader. " Her favorite books were science fiction. "If she wasn't reading, she was sleeping."
Read mother's words here at the Seattle Times.
Graham, Washington - A 35 year old man has apparently shot and killed his 5 children at their trailer home near Seattle on Saturday, and then killed himself in his car outside a casino miles away.
The children ranged in ages from 7 to 16, four of them murdered in their beds, the fifth slain in the bathroom.
The father is James Harrison and the children are Maxine, Samantha, Heather, Jayme and James. The mother was not at home- neighbors say they were arguing on Friday night and she walked out.
Police early Saturday found the father slain from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was in his car, parked near the Muckleshoot Casino in Auburn, about 30 miles south of Seattle. Later in the day, Pierce County deputies checked the mobile home, which is about 20 miles southeast of the casino, and found four of the children dead in their beds and the fifth in the bathroom.
Most Recommended Comment
North Tonawanda, New York, United States