Fleet Week 2010 New York City: Schedule and Activities
Fleet Week 2010 in New York City Starts May 26 and Runs Till June 2
Fleet Week has begun again and there is almost an entire week of fun and interesting things to do going on in and around the city with most of them free of charge.
The only events that are not free take place at the Intrepid Museum and they have six days of events planned that you can purchase tickets for now to avoid being disappointed.
Fleet Week is not only a time to party but is also an opportunity to learn about the United States Navy and Marine Corps.
However, there are lots of fun activities you can take part in and here is a link to the full schedule.
Some of the highlights include:
- USMC Flyover at NY Mets game at 7pm at NY Mets Field on Wednesday May 26
- Marine Forces Reserve Band Concert from 6pm to 8pm at Central Park Band Shell on Thursday May 27
- USCG SAR Helo Demo from 11am to 11:30am at NY Harbor near Homeport Pier, SI on Friday May 28
- Marine Day from 9am to 4pm at Battery Park on Saturday May 29
- MWR Intrepid Cup Jousting Competition from 12pm to 2pm at the Intrepid Pier 86 on Sunday May 30
- Manhattan Memorial Day Parade from 12pm to 1pm on Broadway/Dyckman Streets on Monday May 31
- USMC World Trade Center Run from 8am to 12pm from Federal Hall to Ground Zero on Tuesday June 1 2010
The ships depart on Wednesday June 2.
Enjoy Fleet Week 2010!