Gujarat elections 2012: Congress promises free laptops & tablets.
Gujarat elections 2012: Congress promises free laptops, tablets.
The Congress Tuesday roped in Sheila Dikshit, its three-time Delhi Chief Minister, as star campaigner for the crucial Gujarat assembly polls and unveiled its manifesto with a series of promises, including free laptops and tablets to students.
The party said if voted to power, it will also implement the Sachar Committee report which advocates granting more facilities to Muslims to bring them into the mainstream. Read More
It also promises to revive small-scale industries and set up more industries in backward areas where 85 percent employees will be recruited from local population and strictly implement the labour laws.
Click to know the promises made by Congress party before Gujarat elections 2012
- Three Army personnel were killed today in an encounter with militants in Tral area of south Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
- The national capital will continue to sizzle on Friday as well, after recording the hottest day in 10 years on Thursday.
- With the Congress readying itself for an early Lok Sabha elections and electoral battles in key states, party vice-president Rahul...
- The Delhi High Court will on Friday hear the plea of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar seeking quashing of charges of murder and rioting...
- Former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala, who is serving jail term for his involvement in teachers recruitment scam, was on...