At the outbreak of World War Two, in 1939, Canada's navy consisted of only 13 ships. By war's end in 1945, that number had grown to over 400, giving Canada the world's third largest navy.
HMCS Haida was one of the ships built during that boom. After the war, Haida and other Tribal class destroyers were upgraded to destroyer escorts for continued service.
Haida served twenty years, before being retired in 1963. Today, Haida is the last of the Tribal Class destroyers, and preserved as a Parks Canada museum in Hamilton, Ontario.