Israel Has Tortured Scores of Palestinians
con10t | January 17, 2009 at 09:11 pmby
150 views | 2 Recommendations | 0 comments
Until the 1999 High Court of Justice ruling of 1999, the Israeli security forces tortured thousands of Palestinian detainees each year. According to PCATI's estimates, almost all interrogees during this period of time were the victims of at least one form of torture during their interrogation.
Methods of interrogation and torture used by the GSS included:
- Binding in painful position while covering head of interrogee with wet, foul-smelling sack.
- Sleep prevention and withholding of food.
- Exposure to cold or heat.
- Binding to a small, slanted chair.
- Prevention of basic hygienic conditions.
- Isolation from the outside world (including from attorneys and family members) at times for months.
PCATI was founded in 1990 in reaction to the ongoing policy of the Israeli government, which permitted the systematic use of torture and ill treatment in GSS interrogations.
HeritageThese members have powered this story: