Issues in the Canadian Election
- 96 soldiers, one diplomat and two aid workers have died since 2002.
- In March, the House voted to extend the mission until 2011.
- The Taliban are getting more aggressive in recent months.
- The crime rate is at a 30-year low.
- The violent crime rate is decreasing.
- New Conservative laws include mandatory sentences for gun crimes, tougher laws for street racing and drug-impaired driving.
- Five million Canadians do not have a family doctor, says the CMA.
- One million Canadians are on waiting lists.
- The health guarantee promised in 2006 has not been done.
- Term limits bill has not passed.
- Senate elections bill did not pass.
- Conservatives reduced the GST to five per cent from seven.
- Liberals promise the Green Shift will be revenue neutral.