Jason Kenney endorses Ted Opitz in Etobicoke Centre
Immigration, Multiculturism and Citizenship Minister Jason Kenney (C) and famous film maker Roger Nair (R)extend support to the Ford family supported candidate from Etobicoke centre Lt Col. Ted Opitz (2nd from L).
Ted Opitz is a veteran of the Canadian Army of 33 years and has worked for the Immigration Minister Jason Kenney for the past two years as a Senior Regional Advisor responsible for GTA.
Admiring Ted Opitz 33 years of service in the armed forces of Canada as well as his dedication to Canadians" We need Ted opitz in Ottawa" stated Jason Kenney.
"Ted Opitz is a perfect Candidate and will make an excellent MP, MP's are supposed to serve all constituents equally and take their voice with dedication to the parliament.Ted's service in both the Canadian armed forces and civil life speaks volumes of his caliber and dedication to his own riding where he has lived since 1994." said Human rights activist and filmmaker Roger Nair
"As the Commanding Officer of a reserve infantry regiment, I continue serving Canada in the military and view running for public office as being in the same spirit of service to Canadians. I would be honoured to continue to serve you as your Member of Parliament. Through my wide range of experience in both the military, public and private sectors, I have developed the ability to build strong and successful relationships. I believe that the combination of skills, motivation and determination that I bring to the table would benefit the people of our riding Etobicoke Centre. " says Ted Opitz
Ted Opitz has won the following Honours and Awards:
● Canadian Government Volunteer Award
● United Nations Volunteer Award
● Commanders Commendation for service to World Youth Days 2002
● Received Gold Cross for contributions to the Polish Combatant’s Association
● Canadian Forces Decoration with two bars for 32 years military service
● NATO Decoration for service in the former Yugoslavia
● Canadian Peacekeeping Service Medal
● Queen’s Jubilee Medal
● Awarded Serving Brother of St John
● Pro Memoria Medal (Poland)
● Knight’s Cross Order of Merit (Poland)