Judge:release taped Serial Murderer/Rapist Bernardo interview
Barry Artiste, Now Public Contributor
A Canadian Judge has ruled the taped interview of Serial Murderer and Rapist Paul Bernardo's can be released to the public. Paul Bernardo videotaped his victims including their strangulation of three schoolgirls and dismembered one schoolgirl , and encased her body parts in cement and dumped them in a lake to be discovered later.
One of Canada's most notorious Serial murderer and Rapist if three young women, with some say may be the tip of the iceberg after cold case files are opened to determine if Bernardo was involved in these cases, one cold case file is Elizabeth Bains who disappeared near where Bernardo kidnapped and killed his previous victims.
Bernardo's ex wife was was some say a willing accomplice gave up her own sister to her husband to rape, her sister drunk and underage lay unconscious while Bernardo raped her in their parents basement. The sister suffocated on her own vomit, due to alcohol.
Certainly if it is found Bernardo was involved in these cold case murders, there is little more that can be done to him as he is serving a life sentence, and Canada does not have capital punishment in this country anymore.
Judge to release taped Bernardo interview
A judge has decided the public will see a videotaped interview between police and convicted schoolgirl killer Paul Bernardo.
The tape shows police interviewing Bernardo about the disappearance of Elizabeth Bain, a 22-year-old University of Toronto student who went missing in 1991.
Bain's boyfriend was acquitted of the murder in April and his defence lawyers have always maintained that Bernardo was a viable suspect in the case.
Bernardo has never been charged with Bain's disappearance.
Justice David McCombs said last week he had serious reservations about releasing the tape because he feared it would infringe on Bernardo's rights.
During arguments last week, the Crown attorney said he supports releasing the video with restrictions. He suggested news outlets be banned from posting the video on their websites so that others wouldn't be able to post it on file-sharing sites such as YouTube. He also suggested the video be destroyed after it is broadcast on the news.
McCombs has not ruled which restrictions will be put on the video.
The video is expected to be released on Tuesday.
With a report from CTV Toronto's Chris Eby