Mugabe Declares War on Zimbabwe, Another Genocide in the Horizon?
Tendai Biti [Secretary General of the MDC or Movement for Democratic Change] has declared that a "state of war exists in Zimbabwe". It is easy to dismiss these statements but the facts are speaking for themselves.
1. ZEC [Zimbabwe Electoral Commission] Deputy Chief Elections Officer Utoile Silaigwana has declared that "Recount Results Are Not Available at the Present Time and may take more than three days. We want to ensure that there are no mistakes the this time around. Regardless, the count is going smoothly." MDC Spokesman Nelson Chamisa declared that the process was a "circus" with "ZEC being anextension of ZANU-PF [Mugabe]" and withdrew from the recounting process. Nelson Chamisa also claims that Zimbabwe "is going the route of Rwanda".
2. The Zimbabwean has reported atrocities in Mashonaland East. On the 15th of April 2008, members of ZANU-PF under the leadership of ZANU-PF MP for Mutoko East Ojo Nyakudanga and Colonel Katsvairo went to Chidya Village Mutoko East Constituency and ordered its inhabitants to undergo "reeducation". The people started to run in different directions. Tendai Chibika died in the process after being shot in the head. While the body of Tendai Chibika lies in the open without a burial, the inhabitants have fled to the mountains.
3. Steven John Martin was abducted in Chidya Village Mutoko East Constituency by the same members of ZANU-PF and has not been seen since.
4. Members of the ZANU-PF Militia [Mugabe] and "War Veterans" have invaded Ward 17 Vondozi North Constituency and destroyed 98% of the area. The people are now living under armed guard at Vongozi School in the school yard. We are not talking about 10 or 20 people but 300 people. Ward 17 Vondozi North Constituency has been sealed off from the world.
5. Radio New Zealand has stated that Australia is exerting pressure on South Africa to exert pressure on Zimbabwe.
BBC News: "MDC Claims Zimbabwe Is At War"