Mumbai Attack: Gunbattle continues at Taj Hotel
Sanjay Jha | November 28, 2008 at 01:55 amby
1793 views | 4 Recommendations | 1 comment
Even as Indian government is claiming to have flush out terrorists from trident and Taj Hotel. There is a gunbattle going between commandos and a sole terrorist at Taj hotel. Commandos earlier recovered 30 bodies from the hotel.
Earlier, marine commandos have recovered 30 bodies from the Taj hotel and have said that around 200 people were held hostage at one of the halls of the hotel.
Commandos told reporters that terrorists were well aware of the Taj's layout and they were carrying AK series rifle. They recovered 1200$ and Rs 6000 from the assailants.
Marine commandos also handed over a Mauritian national identity-card and a number of credit cards recovered from the militants inside the Taj hotel.
Earlier, a gunbattle between NSG commandos and a militant holed up inside the Taj hotel raged up. ( Watch )
An explosion was also heard at the ground floor of the old building of the hotel.
Earlier, Indian Army commander confirmed that at least one militant continues to battle Indian commandos in the Taj Hotel in Mumbai and may be holding two or more hostages. ( Watch )
"Almost all the guests in the hotel and the staff in the hotel have been evacuated," Lieutenant-General N. Thamburaj told reporters.
He told reporters that almost all guests and staff had been evacuated from the Taj and the operation would be wrapped up there in a few hours. "It is just a matter of few hours before "we wrap up things" says GoC, Southern Command.
MilieunetThese members have powered this story: