Mumbai terror attacks evidence given to Pakistan
Six weeks after the terror attacks in Mumbai, Indian authorities have handed over the crucial evidence involving Pakistani involvement in Mumbai terror attacks to Pakistan.
Announcing this decision Indian Foreign minister Pranab Mukherjee said that India has handed over evidence on the Mumbai attacks to Pakistan on Monday, and it expected a prompt investigation.
India has handed over evidence to Pakistan linking the Mumbai attacks to "elements" in that country, Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee says.
Gunmen stormed multiple locations in Mumbai (Bombay) in November. At least 173 people died in the attacks.
Pakistan must act on the evidence and implement the bilateral commitments it has made to India, Mr Mukherjee said.
In the past, Pakistan has accused India of blaming it for militant attacks without giving any proof.
India again blamed Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) for the attacks.
LeT and the Pakistani government have denied any involvement.
Last month, Mr Mukherjee described militant groups in Pakistan as "the greatest danger to peace and security in the entire world".
He accused Islamabad of "denial" and "shifting the blame" for the deadly Mumbai attacks.