Obama Mixtape: Spotify Playlist for 2012 Campaign
Barack Obama Made You a Mixtape
US President unveiled the playlist for his public campaign-trail appearances on the road to Election 2012. The mixtape, which you can hear on Spotify, is a crowd-pleaser by design.
Check out the Obama mixtape track list below: you know that the phrase "what are the kids listening to these days?" came up at least once, and the interns really got busy. The result is pretty good. Bonus points for Al Green and Noah and the Whale, but there may be a bit too much Darius Rucker.
Obama Campaign Mixtape
- No Doubt: "Different People"
- Earth, Wind & Fire: "Got to Get You Into My Life (Live)"
- Booker T & the MG's: "Green Onions"
- Wilco: "I Got You (At The End Of The Century)"
- The Impressions: "Keep On Pushing"
- Jennifer Hudson: "Love You I Do"
- AgesandAges: "No Nostalgia"
- Ledisi: "Raise Up"
- Sugarland: "Stand Up"
- Darius Rucker: "This"
- The Arcade Fire: "We Used To Wait"
- Florence and the Machine: "You've Got The Love"
- James Taylor: "Your Smiling Face"
- REO Speedwagon: "Roll With The Changes"
- Raphael Saadiq: "Keep Marchin'"
- Noah And The Whale: "Tonight's The Kind of Night"
- Zac Brown Band: "Keep Me In Mind"
- Aretha Franklin: "The Weight"
- U2: "Even Better Than The Real Thing"
- Dierks Bentley: "Home"
- Sugarland: "Everyday America"
- Darius Rucker: "Learn to Live"
- Al Green: "Let's Stay Together" (This should be much earlier in the list, if not the first song)
- Electric Light Orchestra: "Mr. Blue Sky"