Once a buffoon, always a buffoon – VP Joe Biden
YankeeJim | March 18, 2010 at 03:24 amby
224 views | 2 Recommendations | 0 comments
First of all, following the highly successful steps of former VP Al Gore, I don’t think Americans want to see a jokester as VP. Given the small bandwidth of talent in the administration, senior leadership needs to perform with dignity and restraint, and with dedicated focus on challenges at hand. I have lost my sense of humor for VP Biden.
So, here is evidence of a string of bad jokes that should ensure that he gets the hook in the future.
“Joe Biden subs for Obama with some executive humor at Radio & TV Correspondents' dinner.
Vice President Biden took the stage in place of his boss at Wednesday's Radio and Television Correspondents' Dinner. The president usually attends the annual media schmooze, but President Obama skipped it for his own St. Patrick's Day reception. And speaking of...
"St. Patrick said he drove the snakes out of Ireland," riffed the VP at the Washington Convention Center. "It's not true. He just made that up. Which is why I understand why he is the patron saint of Fox News." Oooooohhhh!
More veepish humor from the night:
· "I just got back from five days in the Middle East. It's great to be back to a place where a boom in housing construction is a good thing."
· "Liz Cheney is here tonight. Liz has been on a tear. Now she's questioning if Tom Brady is a Patriot." Meh, said the crowd. "What the hell, it was worth a try."
· On moving to Washington: "I voted for public housing all my career -- never realized how good it actually is!"
· On the language of Washington: ""Deep background' means you'll be quoted in 'Game Change,' 'senior White House official' means 'Rahm,' and 'reconciliation' means 'war.' Then a totally out of left field jab at consultant Dick Morris: "You make fun of me for putting my foot in my mouth -- at least it's MY foot!"
· As he wrapped up with a self-mocking slide show of images from his first year in office, what should pop up but that photo of him at the state dinner with Tareq and Michaele Salahi. "I have no idea how that got in there."
Give Joe the hook.
hussainThese members have powered this story: