Pakistan holds 4 over Marriott blast
rahul | October 24, 2008 at 06:35 amby
126 views | 0 Recommendations | 0 comments
Pakistani security forces have arrested four suspects in connection with a bomb attack on the Marriott hotel, which left 55 people killed. A senior police official, Altaf Ali Khattak, said on Friday that the four, among whom were a doctor and a lawyer, were being held under various sections of the penal code and the anti-terror act. They have yet to be formally charged he added. "The court has given us a seven-day remand for these men and we will continue our investigation," Khattak was quoted by Reuters as saying. Police said earlier that the men had been arrested at different times in different places.
The suspects were brought to court in the city of Rawalpindi, adjacent to Islamabad, under tight security. Pakistan has been hit by a wave of suicide bomb attacks, many of them on the security forces and politicians, since last year. Fifty-five people were killed when a truck loaded with explosives blew up outside the five-star Marriott hotel in the heart of Islamabad on September 20.
Former prime minister Benazir Bhutto was killed in a suicide gun and bomb attack in Rawalpindi in December 2007. MP/MMN . original source at PressTV
These members have powered this story: