Part of Mumbai terror attack conspiracy took place in Pakistan
In a big shift in the change of it stance Pakistan on Thursday admitted that ‘some part’ of the 26/11 conspiracy was in fact plotted in Pakistan. Pakistan’s interior minister Rehman Malik on Thursday told reporters that his government has acted on information given by the Indian government.
Pakistan's top civilian security official says the Mumbai attacks were partly planned in Pakistan and that several of the known suspects are being held.
It was the first time Pakistan has acknowledged the conspiracy behind the attacks may have originated in any form on its soil. It already has acknowledged the sole gunman captured alive was Pakistani.
Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik made the comments during a briefing on a probe into the attacks Thursday.
Malik said that an FIR had been lodged in Pakistan against eight suspects on charges of 'abetting, conspiracy and facilitation' of a terrorist act.
He said six of them were already in custody.
Malik stated that the terrorists went to unknown places for training and one of the suspects, Javed Iqbal from Barcelona had also been arrested and had provided names of other suspects.
One of the terrorists involved in the Samjhota Express attack was also involved in carrying out the Mumbai attacks.
Al Fauz, the boat carrying the suspects was also in possession and the shop from where the engine for the boat was bought had been located and the suspected crew had been identified.
Email addresses had helped track down the ISPs through which the networking had been done.
Malik requested additional help and evidence from India and said that they will continue to probe while they await results. He said that they had still not been provided with the surviving terrorist, Ajmal Kasab's DNA and the photographs of the other terrorists were not recognizable.