PETITION: Obert Madondo’s Canada crime Bill C10 hunger strike
Friends of Obert are pleased to announce the petition for Obert Madondo’s ongoing crime Bill C10 hunger strike. Hosted on Change.org, the petition is titled: PM Harper, Parliament of Canada: Fulfill Obert’s Bill C10 hunger strike demands NOW! Your support is crucial to the success of this campaign. Here’s how you can help:
- Sign the petition
- Share the petition with your friends: Use Facebook’s share tools to post on your wall. Email friends with a link to the petition. Just imagine how far we can go if you pass the petition on to 10 of your friends, and they do the same..!
- Share your views on the backward-looking crime Bill C10. Leave a comment!
- If you have a personal blog, please embed the petition’s widget on it.
The petition will be delivered to Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s official email address. It is addressed to the following:
- Prime Minister Stephan Harper, Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada
- Thomas Mulcair, Leader of the Official Opposition New Democratic Party
- Bob Rae, Leader of Liberal Party of Canada
- Louis Plamondon Leader of the Bloc Québécois caucus
- Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party
- All Members of the House of Commons
- All Members of the Senate of Canada.
The petition demands the fulfillment of my five demands, namely:
- The Parliament of Canada should repeal the Safe Streets and Communities Act in its entirety.
- Former Ottawa Police chief and newly-appointed Senator, Vernon White, should immediately resign.
- The federal government should make a commitment to invest 100 times the cost of monitoring and dismantling Occupy encampments across Canada last fall to institute a national inquiry into the case of 600+ missing and murdered aboriginal women and girls.
- The House of Commons should immediately institute measures to improve accountability and transparency.
- Harper and Conservatives must immediately stop their war on Canadians and Canadian democracy.
For those who are new to Obert’s hunger strike, the petition’s description, letter, updates and links provide more background information. Once the target is reached, Obert and Friends of Obert will deliver the petition to Parliament. Thank you in advance for your support of Obert’s ongoing crime Bill C10 hunger strike against Harper’s cruel new crime law, the deceptively christened “Safe Streets and Communities Act”.
Friends of Obert
YouTube video: http://youtu.be/V-mcaeD16ro.
Canadian Progressive World: http://www.canadianprogressiveworld.com/
Obert's Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/obie.mad
Obert on Twitter: @Obiemad