Power off for Hundreds After Toronto Vault Fire
While this one wasn't nearly as serious, hundreds of people were left without power and had to stay in their units until 6pm last night, until the air quality improved.
Power will be off for much of the day in the affected areas while crews work to repair the blown fuse.
Hundreds of people were left without power near St. Clair Avenue and Spadina Road on Tuesday morning after Toronto's second underground electrical fire this week.
Tuesday's fire began while hydro crews were working on an electrical vault below a 15-storey apartment building at 260 Heath Street West, said Capt. Mike Strapko of the Toronto Fire Service.
"When they finished their work and re-energized the vault, the fire started," he told CTV.ca on Tuesday morning, saying the fire was small and "fairly routine" for firefighters to handle. "We got the call at 4:46 a.m... and cleared the scene in just over an hour."