A (proper) Pakistani Flag[?]
I have seen many funny versions of different variations like
- Various shades of green (even pink and blue! - for god's sake!).
- Slogans and other text with/around the crescent and star.
- Different dimensions
- Varied versions of crescent and star
I think there should only be one version that we should be using wherever we use!
Here's what a PROPER Pakistani flag should be (technically):
"A dark green rectangular flag in the proportion of length and width 3:2 with a white vertical bar at the mast, the green portion bearing a white crescent in the centre and a five-pointed white heraldic star. The size of the white portion being one-fourth the size of the flag, nearest the mast, the remainder three-fourths being dark green. The dimensions of the crescent and star are obtained as follows:
"Draw the diagonal from the top right hand corner to the bottom left corner of the green portion. On this diagonal establish two points 'A' and 'B'. Point 'A' at a distance equidistant from top right and bottom left hand corners of the green portion, i.e. the centre of the green portion. Point 'B' at a distance from the top right hand corner equal to 13/20th the width of the flag. With centre point 'A' and radius 1.1/4th the width of the flag describe a second arc. The enclosures made by these two arcs form the crescent. The dimensions of the five-pointed white heraldic star are determined by drawing a circle 1/10th the width of the flag. The circle surrounds the five points of the heraldic star. The star lies with one point on the diagonal at a point where the larger arc of the crescent, if completed, cuts the diagonal."
The Interior Ministry of Pakistan provides dimensions for flags in different circumstances:
- For ceremonial occasions. 21' x 14', 18' x 12', 10' x 6-2/3' or 9' x 6 1/4.
- For use over buildings. 6' x 4' or 3' x 2'.
- For cars 12" x 8".
- For tables 10 1/4" x 8 1/4".
I've uploaded a proper flag in different file formats for ease of use. Feel free to download and re-distribute them:
- SVG (Scalable Vector Grahpic/XML file format)
- JPG (JPEG file format)
- AI (Adobe Illustrator CS file format)
- EPS (Encapsulated PostScript file format)
- PDF (Portable Document Format/Adobe Acrobat Reader file format)
- SWF (Shockwave Flash file format)
(Blog Entry: fursid.eomag.com/blogged/a-proper-pakistani-flag/)
(Note: Expressed here are personal opinion of the author.)