Republicans: Lies, Destruction and Fame
ishambat | November 27, 2009 at 04:08 amby
675 views | 40 Recommendations | 14 comments
On the first I ask this: What labor camps have Democrats built? How many millions have they imprisoned and murdered for their political convictions? What countries have Democrats invaded and made their satellites by force? All evidence points instead to CPSU-type activity by Bush Republicans, who have used fraud and corruption to get into the White House; murdered over a million civilians in Iraq; instituted torture, even of teenagers; lied to Americans and to the rest of the world; and have consistently used bullying and deception to push their party line against public opinion while claiming that they are America and that the rest of America is not America, when they in fact not only not America but a minority of America and not its better part either.
Another error is that of equating Republicans with America and giving Republicans the credit for all of America's accomplishments. It is largely for the sake of transparency that this claim put to rest. Here are the facts:
- The Democratic administrations of Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt won, respectively, the First and the Second World War;
- The Democrats form the vast bulk of America's scientists and innovators, with over 90% of its Nobel Prize winners being Democrats and only 3% of academics being Republicans;
- Of America's 10 foremost educational institutions, 9 are in solidly Democratic states and are centers of Democratic Party's activities;
- The computer industry, which has been the main engine of prosperity of 1980s and 1990s, is largely Democratic. The personal computer was invented by a hippie. The computer industry is located in solidly Democratic San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State, as well as in the Democratic-voting Northern Virginia. The Democrats make up the bulk of both its management and its rank-and-file.
- The Clinton Administration gave America its greatest peacetime economic expansion (the greatest wartime one having been under Franklin Delano Roosevelt). Its policies created 23 million jobs, the first balanced budget in three decades, international peace and prosperity, and a revamping of the government to become efficient and user friendly (Reagan only whined about the government while being its head). It also brought about a significant reduction in violent crime - which grew under Reagan and peaked under Bush Sr. Meanwhile the Bush Jr. administration added $5 trillion to the debt, with no jobs created, amid collapsing family incomes, and at the end the worst economic crisis America has had since the Great Depression.
- Democrats form the bulk of America's teachers and journalists, whose contributions are not easily measured monetarily but are of greater significance than those of many far higher-paid professionals.
- Democrats have fought for civil rights, human rights, and women's rights, while Republicans have done all they could to sabotage all of the above.
- Democrats have fought to bring to public attention the facts about global warming. Republicans have done nothing but aggressively deny reality - on this, as much as on federal debt.
The people who blame all things on "liberal government" or "big government" or compare American government to the Soviet Union know nothing of what they're talking about. Without the government Interstate, the anti-government truckers would not have the roads on which to deliver the farming goods, created by government-subsidized anti-government farmers, to the big liberal cities that are the market for their products. Without the government academia, the academic research that has been necessary for the hardware and technology that are at the core of business production would not have taken place. Without the government Internet, the computerization and Internet commerce that was the source of 1990s growth would not have been possible. Whining about taxes was a big trend under the Clinton administration. Being in the high-income bracket, I had a lot of taxes to whine about. I did not whine about my taxes, because I knew where the money was going and saw it as my civic duty to pay it. Under Bush I would have had less taxes to whine about; but there was a problem. Like many others, under Bush, I no longer was in the high-income bracket - or, for some of that time, in any bracket at all.
But beyond personal experience, let us look at the big issues. Who has given America a $10 trillion debt? Who has aggressively for three decades denied global warming? Who has done this to the country they claim to love, and to the children and grandchildren for whose sake they claim to practice "family values?" It wasn't the Democrats. It is the Republicans who have done this to America and to their children's and grandchildren's future.
So to put it shortly: Democrats are not Communists; Republicans are not America, nor do they deserve credit for America. Case closed.
Most Recommended Comment
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Mary RichardThese members have powered this story: