'Spaghetti junction' – the scariest road system in Britain
The survey of 3225 drivers revealed the scariest road systems in Britain. Among top 10 spots eight were taken by Birmingham, Glasgow and London
Survey also revealed other drivers fears. 8% of drivers claim to avoid 'scary' junctions and admit driving an average of 238 miles extra.
Large roundabouts were told to be most confusing aspect of urban driving, followed by one-way systems, speed bumps and box junctions.
"But what this research shows is that badly designed and confusing junctions are spoiling the driving experience for many motorists.
Top 10 UK's most scariest junctions:
1. Gravelly Hill (Spaghetti Junction), Birmingham
2. M8 junctions through central Glasgow
3. Marble Arch, London
4. Magic Roundabout, Swindon, Wiltshire
5. Hanger Lane Gyratory, west London
6. M5/M6 intersection, Birmingham
7. Piccadilly Circus, London
8. Five Ways junction, Birmingham
9. Magic Roundabout, Hemel, Hempstead, Hertfordshire
10. Kingston Bridge, Glasgow
Most Recommended Comment
Negros Oriental, Philippines