Is the subject about capitalism or about becoming wealthy?
I really want to talk about the system of capitalism but I can get there until I cross the bridge about the pursuit of wealth and riches.
Refer to previous stories:
To put this in some sort of framework, I searched for one of the many articles that discuss the difference between wealthy people and less fortunate. If you go to the story link below you will see a graphic cartoon depicting someone resembling a poor African American looking into a mirror an apparently wealthy white man. Can you believe the audacity of that?
I won’t repeat the story verbatim but will list the highlights.
1. Rich people believe that they create their lives while poor people believe that life happens to them.
2. Rich people play the money game to win but poor people play the money game just not to lose money.
3. Rich people think and focus on opportunities while poor people focus on obstacles. When you face with problems, what are you focus on?
4. Rich people dare to dream big, poor people think small.
5. Rich people are committed to their dreams, poor people are just dreaming about their dreams. Yes, this is an obvious one.
6. Rich people associate with rich and successful people. Poor people will associate with poor people. Do you have any rich friends? Or all of your friends are poor?
7. Rich people good learners while poor people think that they have learned everything in the world.
First, the person that wrote this actually believes they know what they are talking about, and may or may not be rich. We don’t know.
Creative determinism: There are examples in history of heroes that make it in life despite their circumstances. Many people who have achieved success will believe that it happened on their extraordinary merit because successful people likely have high egos. The only way to know is to analyze cases.
Play the money game: The second item on the list is playing the money game to win. Herein we get to what I think is the biggest issue. A vast number of people 1) may not see life as a game, 2) don’t see life as money game, 3) may not buy into money as being most important even though the system in which they operate is controlled by people who believe that it is all about the money.
Opportunities versus obstacles: Some people are so behind in life that another obstacle just steals the life from them. People who are further along, and have discretionary resources turn obstacles into opportunities if they can.
The point here is not presuming that all people who are struggling with survival issues are doing so because they don’t see opportunity. They me see it, but it is way too far from reach.
Big dreams, small dreams: What a bunch of crap. The more you have to work with, surely the more you can pursue – the size of your dreams is the size of your discretionary resource, and capacity to muster it.
Commitment: The notion that poor people are not committed is another roll of bologna.
Rich associate with rich: This makes me think a Tea Partier wrote this.
Rich people are good learners: I am exhausted with this nonsense.
In the next post, I will address “What I learned about capitalism.”
Rich or poor, which category do you fit in?
Most people want to be rich, but most of them are poor, why?
There must be some differences between rich people and poor people. If you study carefully, you will find out why rich and successful people are able to produce amazing results in their life, and why some people are living in poverty.
To be rich and successful, you don’t need to be lucky, extremely hard working or you need to have a college diploma or a university degree.
What you need, is the right mindset and the right mindset will form the right habit. As a result, the right habit will lead you toward the financial abundance kind of lifestyle that you always desire.
So here are the 7 main differences between rich and poor people…