TASER DEATH TOLL HELD SECRET, by Mary Neal
Burke said right: "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
Police use of Tasers continue to be a matter of grave concern to human rights.
TASER REFERENCES DELETED FROM MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Tue May 6, 2008 3:25 pm (PDT)
Summit County judge orders Taser references deleted from medical examiner's rulings
Saturday, May 03, 2008
Akron - Summit County Medical Examiner, Lisa Kohler, must deleter any reference that Tasers contributed to the deaths of three men, a Summit County Common Please judge ordered Friday.
Tasers are used routinely on prisoners and those facing arrests, including the mentally ill. With 1.25 million mental patients behind bars today in America, I am certain that many are being tasered even as I write this, in order to subdue them as they may be delirious in isolated, cold prison cells. Tasers are even being used to force Florida children into submission.
Taser Use Legal on Florida Children
January 24, 2006 ----According to a recent Associated Press article, it remains legal to use Taser on Florida children under 16, despite Senate bill proposals to ...
Tasers bracelets are now being made in all sizes, originally intended to be distributed to passengers on major airlines in order to fight terrorism. Lamperd Less Lethal's tagline is "Keeping the Situation Under Control." Everyone onboard is to strap one on, and then if there is a takeover attempt by a passenger, he/she gets zapped! Despite the fact that major airlines contacted deny having bought the Taser bracelets, the company reports it is doing "brisk business." Who are these bracelets then being used on and who is purchasing them? Maybe some day, you will be issued your very own, sized just right for your wrist or ankle.
Naturally, with sales up as they are, Tasers appear to be a good investment for folks. Therefore, great expenditure goes into selling Tasers as non-lethal force instruments, and sales are increasing. Meanwhile, medical examiners' reports are telling a different story -- that TASERS KILL. With major lawsuits facing police departments and prisons across the nation resulting from Taser-related deaths, how long will it take taxpayers to demand an end to this instrument of maim and death? People accused of nothing more than disorderly conduct are being electrocuted to death. Human rights activists are alarmed. Obviously, such news reports as "MENTALLY ILL MAN DIES AFTER BEING TASERED IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD" may be dangerous to Taser profits.
WHAT WE MUST DO IS FOLLOW THE MONEY. Are the same people who are in the position to make purchasing decisions for your municipalities investors in the Taser industry? How many of our elected representatives are profiting off Taser stock? Who wants to kill this cash cow? Better to silence those medical examiners -- make them stop telling the truth. TRUTH NOT ALLOWED IF IT NEGATIVELY IMPACTS PROFITS!
The Taser industry is booming! Growth is expected as Taser manufacturers and suppliers OUTLAW those medical examiners' dead body reports. Although mainstream media is corporate owned and government controlled, the news reports keep getting out, and they must be stopped at the root -- the medical examiners must be silenced! Otherwise, who will support their latest and greatest new sales tool in people management -- the Cattle Prod?
CATTLE PRODS FOR ALL POLICE OFFICERS
Mon May 12, 2008
Tasers for All Police Officers
The 50,000 volt stun guns, introduced in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 />Britain in 2003, are mainly used by firearms officers at present. But a 12-month experiment by ten English and Welsh forces has found that they can help defuse stand-offs even without being fired. During the ongoing trial, which began last September, their deployment soared 15 times, while firing of the devices tripled. The Home Office is reportedly due to make an announcement on their extension later today.
"Taser is making a real difference on our streets, not only keeping the public safe but also protecting police officers," Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, told the Sun newspaper.
"I am committed to giving our police officers the weapons they need. If the trial shows the Taser to be a valuable tool, I can envisage a day when they could be routinely issued to all officers."
In the first six months of the pilot scheme Tasers were deployed on 252 occasions, 236 of which were in the last three months. However, they were only fired 31 times - 25 in the last three months. Officers reported that they helped resolve potentially fatal situations. A Home Office source said that the officers using Tasers had been fully trained and followed official guidelines. The forces involved in the trial were Avon and Somerset, Devon and Cornwall, Gwent, Lincolnshire, Merseyside, Metropolitan Police, Northamptonshire, Northumbria, North Wales, and West Yorkshire.
The Association of Chief Police Officers said that during the experiment Tasers would be made available at incidents of 'violence and threats of violence of such severity that they will need force'. The Tasers fire barbed darts into their victims and deliver powerful electric shocks via a copper wire. They are intended to be a 'less lethal' alternative to regular police weapons.
TASER DEATH TOLL (April 24 - Aug. 10, 2008, USA Victims Only)Given Taser International’s successful legal challenge to an Ohio coroners finding linking tasering to death one wonders whether the coroner’s opinion was affected in any way by the threat of litigation from giant Taser International.
The Death March
Since Ohioan Kevin Piskura’s tasering and death on April 25, 2008, iin North America alone, 6 9 10 11 14 20 27 (updated August 12th), more people have died after being tasered:
340. April 24, 2008: Kevin Piskura, 24, Cincinnati, Ohio
341. April 24, 2008: Dewayne Chatt, 39, Memphis, Tennessee
342. April 27, 2008: Paul Thompson, 24, Greensboro, North Carolina
343. April 28, 2008: Jermaine Ward, 28, Jackson, Tennessee
344. May 4, 2008: Joe Kubat, 21, St. Paul, Minnesota
345. May 6, 2008: James S. Wilson, 22, Alton, Missouri
346. May 28, 2008: Ricardo Manuel Abrahams, 44, Woodland, California
347. May 31, 2008: Robert Ingram, 27, Raceland, Louisiana
348. June 5, 2008: Willie Maye, 43, Birmingham, Alabama
349. June 6, 2008: Donovan Graham, 39, Meriden, Connecticut
350. June 8, 2008: Quintrell T. Brannon, 25, Vincennes, Indiana
351. June 9, 2008: Tony Curtis Bradway, 26, Brooklyn, New York
352. June 23, 2008: Jeffrey Marreel, 36, Norfolk, Ontario
353. June 24, 2008: Ernest Graves, 26, Rockford, Illinois
354. June 27, 2008: Nicholas Cody, 27, Dothan, Alabama
355. July 2, 2008: Isaac Bass, 34, Louisville, Kentucky
356. July 4, 2008: Othello Pierre, 23, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
357. July 8, 2008: Samuel DeBoise, 29, St. Louis, Missouri
358. July 8, 2008: Carlos Vargas, 42, San Bernardino, California
359. July 14, 2008: Marion Wilson Jr., 52, Houston, Texas
360. July 14, 2008: Deshoun Keyon Torrence, 18, Long Beach, California
361. July 22, 2008: Michael Langan, 17, Winnipeg, Manitoba
362. July 23, 2008: Richard Smith, 46, Dallas, Texas
363. July 26, 2008: Anthony Davidson, Statesville, 29, North Carolina
364. August 4, 2008: Jerry Jones, 45, Beaumont, Texas
365. August 4, 2008: Andre Thomas, 37, Swissvale, Pennsylvania
366. August 2, 2008: Lawrence Rosenthal, 54, Hemet, California
367. August 10, 2008: Kiethedric Hines, 31, Rockford, Illinois
368. August 12, 2008 Victim's name not supplied
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18
Pssssssssssss -- Do something! Help the least of these, His brethren! Across the country mental hospitals are closing. Families have trouble getting help for loved ones who are in psychiatric need. As hospitals close, more people who should be inpatients join America's 1.25 million imprisoned mentally ill. Show your concern for human rights!
Assistance to the Incarcerated Mentally Ill
P.O. Box 7222
Atlanta, GA 30357