Thousand workers evacuated amid central London bomb threat
- Man, identified as Michael Green, 'who failed HGV driving test and wanted his money back' took hostages at midday this afternoon
- Witnesses say he shouted: 'I have nothing left to live for' as he started siege
- 1,000 workers are evacuated after reports man 'had gas canisters' strapped to his back
- Reports of snipers on nearby roofs as negotiators 'talked to man via telephone'
- Man was arrested at around 3pm as police comb building for explosives
A hostage situation has broken out on Tottenham Court Road in London.
Unconfirmed reports suggest a man has taken four people hostage inside Shropshire House, on the corner of Tottenham Court Road and Capper Street.
Police have cordoned off the road amid reports the man entered an office with four gas canisters and threatened to blow himself up.
Computers and other office equipment were thrown out of the window of the building, Shropshire House, and hostages were later seen leaving the building with their hands up.