Tiger Woods and Rachel Uchitel Car Accident News Needs a Break.
Sports networks around the world were filled with news of a car accident that left golfing great Tiger Woods with injuries just off his driveway in Orlando, Fla. Tiger was rescued by his wife, reportedly using a golf club to break a car window during the rescue.
An unrelated, but equally fascinating piece of news comes from Australia, where Tiger sometimes golfs. Seems a flatulent porker there has had the fire department come smell his output, fearing a possible explosion.
An observant farmer in Axedale, Victoria smelled gas, and quickly called Emergency Services. Firefighters posthaste, arrived at the scene to find the source of the gas was in fact, none other than a common pig.
Fire captain Peter Harkins, in cheeky good humor, describes the ordeal.
The farmer in Axedale, a town in Victoria in the south-east of the country, called the emergency services after believing he had smelled gas.
But when the fire crews arrived, they found the real culprit – a 260lb sow the family's children kept as a pet.
Fire captain Peter Harkins said: "When we got there, as we drove up the driveway, there was this huge sow, about a 120-odd kilo (265-pound) sow, and it was very obvious where the gas was coming from.
“We could not only smell it, but we heard it and it was quite funny."
He added: "She got very excited when two trucks and 15 firies turned up and she squealed and farted and squealed and farted.
"I haven't heard too many pigs fart but I would describe it as very full-on."
However, despite the false alarm, Mr Harkins said the farmer had done the right thing by calling 000 (the Australian equivalent of 999). He told The Melbourne Herald Sun: "It's all bottled gas up here and a leaking cylinder could pose a major fire risk.
"It was because we took it so seriously that 15 volunteers still managed to attend the call out at 10.30 on Tuesday night."
Tiger Woods was released from the hospital with minor facial injuries, if you were still wondering.
Most Recommended Comment
Omaha, Nebraska, United States