Top 10 Obvious News Stories of 2008
"This just in: Snow is Cold!" It happens often here in the NowPublic office - a news headline that seems completely obvious rolls across our feeds and we think, "Well, duh." Wild eyeball rolling and snarky jokes often ensue - and sometimes, we write the story anyways.
News of the obvious is often blindingly intuitive, and makes you wonder who feeds money into studies which aim to prove an established belief - or you're shocked that said study wasn't conducted years ago.
At any rate, here is a small sampling of some of the most obvious news of 2008:
10. Higher weight gain during pregnancy linked to bigger babies. And if you water a plant it will grow, right?
9. Washing hands helps prevent colds. Bonus: not only will it prevent the spread of colds, but all other communicable diseases, too.
8. Loud headphones impair hearing. This is truly a decades-old truth. We'll just keep repeating it louder and louder until the kids finally hear us.
7. Many anonymous internet users are mean, cruel, and filled with rage. Not that we'd know anything about that here at NowPublic, where all of our readers are angels.
4. WiiSports burns less calories than real sports, but more calories than playing stationary games or doing nothing at all. So, the more you activities you do, the more calories you burn? Get out! (Literally - go outside and play!)
3. Car surfing is dangerous to your health. Teen Wolf should have come with a disclaimer: stunts are performed by trained professionals. Kids, do not try this at home.
1. Beer goggles are for real. Yes, the more you drink the better looking a prospective partner appears to be. Unfortunately, the beer goggle effect seems to last longer for women than it does for men.
And some bonus additions:
Got any other obvious news stories from 2008? I usually see at least one a week, so there should be plenty of others to add!
Most Recommended Comment
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada