Top-3 Russian Beauties: A Gymnast, a Minister, and a Spy
Alina Kabaeva, Tatiana Golikova, and Anna Chapman are the most beautiful Russian women, according to a recent poll.
The poll conducted by a group of journalists sought to identify the top 12 most beautiful Russian women today. Although the criteria for qualification are not certain, it is clear that social status and worldly activities have also played their role.
The proverbial "Paris's Choice" has seen a gymnast Alina Kabaeva taking the top spot. An outstanding sports figure, Kabaeva has subsequently moved on to politics and charity work. The rumours widely circulated in the Russian media about Kabaeva's romance with Vladimir Putin. The rumours were later dismissed as nonsense.
The second on the list is Tatiana Golikova, the Health Minister and a wife of the Transportation Minister. The third is Anna Chapman, a spy-turned-TV personality, the United Russia party member.
One would agree, it is hard not to suspect that closeness to Mr. Putin has in one way or another influenced the inclusion into the top-3.
Also on the list are three models, a gallery owner (and a tycoon's girlfriend), a tennis player, three actresses, one singer, and an actress-director. What is nice, is that the poll demonstrates the different facets of the world-known Russian beauty. Not all Russian girls have blond locks and blue eyes, as you can see. The list is also a peculiar insight into the mix of careers, social positions, and even reputation. To have a married minister and distinguished sports personalities jammed into the company of a lesbian film director and girls notorious for photosessions in the nude is a rather outstanding choice.
- Alina Kabaeva, a gymnast and the State Duma member.
- Tatiana Golikova, a Health Minister.
- Anna Chapman, an ex-spy and TV personality.
- Natalia Vodianova, a top model and philanthropist.
- Irina Shayk, a model and Christiano Ronaldo's girlfriend.
- Maria Sharapova, a tennis player.
- Dasha Zhukova, an art gallery owner and Roman Abramovich's girlfriend.
- Oxana Fyodorova, a model and TV personality.
- Ekaterina Gusseva, an actress.
- Tatiana and Olga Arntgoltz, Russian twin actresses.
- Alsou, a singer and daughter of one of LUKoil shareholders.
- Renata Litvinova, an actress and film director.