Twitter Reactions to Sikh Temple Shooting
7 Killed in Sikh Temple Attack: Twitter Users React
The shooting at the Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin on August 5, 2012 drew immediate responses from Twitter users, between those search for (and providing) the facts, and those venting their frustrations and emotions.
So far, details are still emerging: at this point, the shooter's name has not been released. Below you can see a sample of the Twitter reactions to the Sikh temple shooting, as well as a feed of the just-in #templeshooting tweets.
- Souyog Gaidhani: "Since it is a white male who is involved, this will continue to be a shooting and not a terrorist attack."
- Paul Weiskel: "I guess mass shootings of people who aren't white aren't important enough to interrupt the #olympics"
- jian gomeshi: "It's both interesting and disturbing that CNN keeps feeling the need to point out that Sikhs are not Muslims."
- Raakhi Mirchanandi: "This isn't about how Sikhs are different from Muslims. This is about hate, lax gun control laws and intolerance."
- Gaurav Chawla: "The gun lobby blamed movies after the batman shooting ... Are they gonna blame praying to god now?"
- John Nichols: "US Sikhs victims of 750+ attacks since 9/11. This goes beyond "hate crimes." If #templeshooting was targeted attack, isn't that terrorism? "
- from earlier: SikhActivistNetwork: "Victims in Sikh Temple asking: Do NOT call cellphones, they are currently in hiding and ringer may give up their positions"
Honored. Two first place awards for online breaking news for #WISN12. #templeshooting & #brookfieldshooting http://t.co/kBTW8skmmwHonored. Two first place awards for online breaking news for #WISN12. #templeshooting & #brookfieldshooting http://t.co/kBTW8skmmw