UK to Trash all UFO Reports
The UK Government has instructed the Ministry of Defence to destroy all future UFO reports to stop them having to release them under Freedom of Information requests. The decision will stop such reports made to the Government from ever being made public.
The US made a similar decision in 1969 and the Ministry of Defence feels that such reports have 'no defence value' and should not be formally collected and saved.
Some believe that coming after a year where more UFO sightings were made in the UK since 1978 the decision is an admission that if there is UFO activity world governments do not see it as a threat to the world.
Others see it as an attempt to cover up a possible real threat to the world from an alien nation.
The Government line is one of economy around spending money collecting reports about unreal sightings that have no defence value in a time of recession.
Someone once said 'the truth is out there' and that's where it will officialy stay.
It says: ''Reported sightings received from other sources should be answered by a standard letter and... should be retained for 30 days and then destroyed, largely removing any future FoI liability and negating the need to release future files post-November 30 2009.''
Britain's official UFO investigation unit and hotline were closed down at the start of December.
Since then reports of strange sights in the skies sent to the MoD have been kept for 30 days before being thrown out, the newly released policy document shows.
This stance was adopted so defence officials would not have to publish the information in response to freedom of information (FoI) requests or pass it to the National Archives.
Most Recommended Comment
Loughborough, Leicestershire, United Kingdom