UN Citizen Ambassador: How to be one? George Clooney Explains
George Clooney invites you to become a UN citizen ambassador by submitting a YouTube video. Five winners will be chosen to participate in the UN VIP event in New York City.
Actor George Clooney is a UN Messenger of Peace. He explains in the YouTube video uploaded by United Nation Television how to enter the competition:
1. Create your own video, no more than 3 minute duration.
2. Upload the video to your YouTube account.
3. Add it as a REPLY VIDEO to the video you are watching right now.
4. Deadline for submissions: 10 October 2009
1. The best 5 video entries will be selected by a committee based on compelling content, originality and creativity.
2. The finalists will be designated Citizen Ambassadors, and will be invited to United Nations Headquarters in New York on the occasion of the 64th UN Day.
3. They will take a special guided tour of UN Headquarters, have their photo taken with Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and receive VIP seating at the UN Day Concert, to be held on Friday 23 October 2009.
As of now, there are only 6 video responses. Deadline for submission is October 10, 2009.