Wal-Mart Holiday Toy Program: 100 Toys For $10
Although Halloween is still around the corner, retailers cannot wait to gear up for the crazy year-end shopping season. Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world's largest retailer, announced on Wednesday that it will launch its holiday toy program again this year, offering more than 100 toys at $10 during the holiday season.
Last October, Wal-Mart started the holiday toy promotion, selling 10 popular toys for $10 each in its U.S. stores. This year, Wal-Mart is looking to expand the toy incentive tenfold, offering 100 toys, from Barbies to Transformers, for $10 through the Christmas holiday. Also, Wal-Mart will match the price of any competitor that sells the toys for less.
Wal-Mart said research has shown that 70% of its customers plan to start shopping for holiday items before Halloween. More than half of Wal-Mart shoppers have already started budgeting for their holiday shopping, and nearly 40% say they are watching for deals, according to the company.
Wal-Mart's promotion comes as Toys R Us is aggressively expanding shelf space, opening 350 pop-up stores in malls and at its Babies R Us locations, while Sears will offer toys at 20 of its stores.
Here is a partial list of the brands being offered:
- New Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Action Figures
- Barbie Cut and Style Rapunzel
- Games such as Connect 4, Battleship, Monopoly, Trouble and Jenga
- Vtech Explore and Learn Helicopter
- Tonka Light and Sound vehicle assortment (firetruck, dumptruck, etc.)
- New Littlest Pet Shop Online Animals (virtual pet) or Littlest Pet Shop Playpack sets
- Clean-Up Pup Barbie Play Set and Mermaid Splash & Style Barbie
- New Play-Doh Burger Builder Set
- New Garanimals line Bath Boat (with squirter) and ABC 50 wood blocks kit
- Hot Wheels Trick Track
- LEGO Bionicle Legends set
- New Nerf-N-Force Sword
- My Little Pony So Soft Newborn
- Little Dreams Interactive Baby Doll