Yahoo's "Values" [UPDATED]
Yahoo has a page that covers everything, except contacting them or seeking managerial responsibility. Yet, this faceless corporate entity has the audacity to pretend to be everything they stand against.
They have two pages about "Yahoo values." One page of things they value and one page of things they don't value.
Here's a selection of things they do not value that sums up Flickr rather nicely: (NOTE that items in parentheses are MY own comments)
"What we [yahoo] don't value...
- Entitlement (flickr staff...)
- Broken links
- Too big for your britches
- Closed doors (communications with flickr)
- Good enough (flickr solutions to problems)
- Same ol' same ol' (ignoring users legitimate complaints)
- Arrogance (flickr staff...)
- 20/20 hindsight (if you're lucky)
- A stick in the eye (flickr staff...)
- Fads (the move from artistic photo sharing to "things we want to see on our site")
- Discrimination (flickr staff...)
- Swashbuckling (pirates like sewell or the flickr staff deletions of accounts)
- Status quo (1.75 months of emails and no response)
- A cog in the wheel (me)
- Missing the boat (flickr staff...)
- Formality (flickr staff & Yahoo...)
- Behind the curve (flickr staff...)
- Head in the sand (flickr staff, yahoo management...)
- Irrelevance (the so-called explanations for my account deletions)
- Following (flickr staff...)
- Sloth (flickr staff...)
- Bad apples (flickr staff...)
- High horses (flickr staff...)
- Impossible (flickr staff and yahoo communication...)
- Quick fix (flickr and yahoo staff...)
- One size fits all (flickr and yahoo...)
- Passing the buck (flickr staff and yahoo staff...)
- Micromanaging (flickr staff...)
- Hurry up & wait (flickr email support...)
- Monday morning quarterback (flickr staff)
- Punching the clock (flickr staff...)
They even added this:
"Copyright © 2004 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved."
All of these words (i removed some) pretty much describe the behavior i've been subjected to at flickr [and now Yahoo]. Yahoo has no intention of offering any communication method to complain about flickr. you know why? THEY OWN flickr but they don't TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for flickr.
i got to the flickr [ignored] email forms by way of clicking on a Yahoo report abuse link. (hense the " I'm reporting abuse on the following page: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/abuse/" thingy)
Where do i report abuse BY flickr?
Where do i report abuse BY Yahoo?
Here, it seems.
Fat load of good that does anyone.